Quick! Name a dish that can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner? Did you think of quiche? Me too, so that’s why I’m sharing this recipe for Asparagus, Bacon and Cheese (ABC) Quiche. This savory pie is so satisfying and easy to prepare, you’ll want to include it at every meal!
Before we jump into the recipe, here are a couple quick notes. While there are ingredients named in the title, the beauty of making a quiche is you can pretty much use whatever you have on hand. It’s Spargelzeit here (so I HAD to use asparagus), but great additions would include onions, mushrooms or even a little fresh garlic. When it comes to cheese, I use a mixture of parmesan and cheddar, but this is the perfect time to use up what ever you’ve got in your fridge! Finally, if you’re a little hesitant about making your own crust, a store bought pie crust would definitely work and make this recipe even easier!
For the crust:
- 200 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams cold butter
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons water
For the filling:
- 5 eggs
- 200 grams heavy cream
- 100 grams parmesan, grated
- 50 grams cheddar, shredded
- 50 grams cooked bacon, or schinkenwürfel
- 1 bundle of asparagus, woody ends removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200° C or 390° F. Lightly grease a tart, quiche or pie pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine flour, salt, butter, 1 egg and water. Use the paddle attachment to mix until well combined.
- Press dough immediately into greased pan.
- Add bacon and asparagus over the dough.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining eggs, cheese, cream and seasonings. Pour over the bacon and asparagus.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until the egg mixture is completely set.
And there you have it! ABC Quiche is truly the perfect any time meal. When would you serve it? Let me know in the comments below, and if you’re looking for more recipe inspo, click here!