Pop quiz! Guess my reason for making this pasta salad:
- We have an abundance of tomatoes in our garden.
- A friend asked me to bring a side dish to their barbecue.
- We’re renovating our house and have no kitchen so once a week I cook something at my in-laws that will last a few days and can be eaten cold (because we at least have a fridge in our garage).
…Did you choose the oddly specific answer? 🙈
Seriously though, you don’t need a crazy excuse to make this Super Simple Pasta Salad! A bright dressing makes this the perfect side dish for summer, but it certainly doesn’t hurt that it comes together so quickly. Start to finish, the active work takes about 20 minutes! Definitely a plus when you’re crashing someone else’s kitchen. Serve it on the side with grilled chicken or bulk it up with some baby spinach for a stand alone meal. Easiest. Side. Ever.
Super Simple Pasta Salad Recipe
For the Salad:
- 1 Box Farfalle or Rotini pasta (16 ounces or about 450 grams)
- 2 Cans Sliced Black Olives (about 8 ounces or 120 grams)
- 3 Green Onions, Diced
- 4-6 Diced Tomatoes (depending on your preference and size of tomatoes!)
- 8oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Optional: 5oz Baby Spinach
For the Dressing:
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 TSP Honey
- 2 TSP Salt
- 1 TBSP Dried Parsley
- 3/4 TSP Black Pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine olives, green onions, tomatoes and mozzarella in a large mixing bowl.
- In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients and pulse until well mixed.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and put the hot pasta in the mixing bowl over the veggies and cheese.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta, mix until the dressing, veggies and cheese are evenly distributed.
- Stick in refrigerator and let cool. Add spinach if desired after the pasta has completely cooled – no soggy spinach here!
- Stir once more to refresh, then serve!
That’s it! It feels good to be back in the recipe game after getting our kitchen packed and moved! If you’d like, you can check out my other recipe posts here.