Listen, I don’t have a clever story for this recipe. Yesterday sweet friends gifted me some crystallized ginger from The Spice House so I put it in scones.
They turned out AMAZING, so I thought I’d share!
Over-sized Lemon Ginger Scones Recipe
- 3 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/2 TSP Corn Starch
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 3/4 Cups Crystallized Ginger Nibs
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3/4 Cup of Milk
- 3 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 10 TBSP Unsalted Butter, Melted
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400°.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the crystallized ginger and lemon zest, stir until evenly mixed.
- Make a “well” in the flour mixture, pour in the milk, melted butter, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Using the paddle attachment, gently mix until ingredients are just combined.
- Create a ball with the mixture, and then on a floured surface flatten the dough into a 1″ thick disc.
- Slice disc into 8 equal pieces, transfer slices to lined cookie sheet.
- Optional: Sprinkle slices with decorative sugar.
- Transfer cookie sheet to oven, and bake for 16-19 minutes.
- Allow scones to cool for 5 minutes, and enjoy!
All pictures and recipe are my own. Please feel free to share, but don’t forget to tag me!