What a year! 2018 has been one for the books. I started this blog, feel more confident in myself than ever and only have more to look forward to. In a year filled with incredible concerts, trips and celebrations, here are my 2018 Highlights and a bonus recipe for Champagne Jello Shots!
Ginny’s Chicago Visit
Of all the wedding planning, this was one of my favorite parts. More quality sister time, please!
Camping in Door County
One last getaway with my fiance (and pup!). Two weeks before the wedding, we took ourselves up to Door County. This was our first excursion to the Door Peninsula, but hopefully not our last!
I married the love of my life in an actual castle. Pretty tough to beat.
Honeymoon in Paris
Literally the most romantic. I’ve talked about our trip here, but it was definitely an all-time highlight.
Christmas in Milwaukee
Hosting my parents in Milwaukee for Christmas meant so much to us. Can I spend every day watching the Great British Bake Off with my mom??
More 2018 Highlights
These were just a few of the best bits, but click through to see more of 2018!
Champagne Jello Shots
- 1 1/2 cups champagne, divided (I used a rosé, because pink)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Optional: Sprinkles and/or edible glitter
- In a sauce pan, combine 1 1/4 cups of the champagne, lemon juice and sugar.
- Add all three envelopes of gelatin, allowing the powder to “bloom“.
- Slowly heat the mixture on medium-low heat, until all the gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in vodka and remaining champagne.
- If adding edible glitter, add now.
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan, and put in the refrigerator to chill until firm.
- Once firm, remove Champagne Jello from the pan and cut into squares. Top with sprinkles and serve!
Happy New Year, everyone!